Friday, October 16, 2009

Family Man

If you dont know me by now, one thing that I have always been since I can remember, is a family man. I'm one of the biggest momma's boy, and I'm not afraid to admit it! If she needs anything I'm there for her, and I know that if I ever need her for anything she's always there in a heartbeat to help me. Even if it is bringing something down to Muncie, she's got my back.This weekend is the Notre Dame vs. USC football game at ND, which means I'm going home to head up to South Bend with my father to go to the game along with my grandma, grandpa, brother, and his girlfriend cassie. For once I'm actually excited to go home and see everyone. The other two times have been out of my control, and I have had to come home for reasons not really in my control. But for once, I'm actually ready to go home, see my puppies, my rents, and my best friend Brent who I haven't seen in a long time. I miss him a lot though.
Then next weekend is BSU's fa
ll break, so we get Friday off of school, and my sister is traveling into Indy from Arlington, Texas! So right after my Thursday class gets over at noon, I'm heading down there to pick her and her boyfriend Shawn up and taking them up to Fort Wayne. This is an epic weekend for the DeFreeuw family because we are all going to the Notre Dame vs. Boston College football game. This is also the first time in a couple years that all 5 of my family members and my DeFreeuw grandparents have been together in the same place. Like I said earlier, I'm a huge family man and love seeing my family together. That is also why Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because my mom's 
side of the family gets together every year at a different place than the year before. She is the oldest of 8 kids, and there are around 45 people total, and the group continues to get bigger each year! I love it!

I'm gonna start doing a new section of my week called "Downfall of the week: (DOTW)" because I feel like so far every week there has been one major thing that has brought my week from a 10 down to a 7 or 8.

This weeks Downfall of the Week:
Tests/Midterms:
- This week went from the most stressful week I've had in a long time, to one of the more relaxed and fun weeks, all 
because of a thing called mid-terms. I was supposed to have a test on Friday for math, a health test on Monday, and a Comm mid-term on Sunday. Sounds fun right? NOT AT ALL. Luckily my math test got moved to Tuesday next week, and I have some friends to keep me sane, and to keep me in line to forget about stressing out. I went from staying in all night to study, and being in the library to going out with friends and not even worrying about the tests. Now that I know they are more spaced out like I wanted them to be I have no reason to worry about them. Stupid tests are gonna be the death of me... welcome to college I guess!


" You never know if something is worth fighting for or not, until you start fighting for it." -DeFreeuw

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the tests. My college motto is this: Work hard, play hard.

    ReplyDelete