Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Back home again, in Muncieana!

Wow. I didn't think I would ever be saying this... but it feels great to be back at school. Last week I couldn't wait to get home, be with my family, and just spend times with the ones I love. But thats all that there is at home... is my Mom, Dad, dogs, and Best friend brent..... Outside of that little circle my home life away from school is pretty non-existent... I have a few friends here and there that I love to go see, but other than that I'm home bored with nothing to do...
Thats why when I was sick last week and couldn't go anywhere outside of my room for 3 days, I just wanted to be back here at school with my friends and "family" where I'm with the ones that I've grown close to within the last 2 months. Some of my friends here at school would do anything for me, and wouldn't think twice about it, as would I do the same for them. I dont know what it is but when I'm here at school I feel like myself and feel like I'm not being judged for what i do or say, where when I go home and hang out with my old friends from high school I feel like I need to be the same old Alex DeFreeuw that everyone fell in love with at Homestead, which was the old me. Even since the beginning of school I've already learned a lot about myself as a person and have, in my mind, changed for the better. I've realized a lot and learned from my mistakes that I made this summer and have grown because of them. I am perfectly fine with the fun, loving, cooky Alex that I am here at school and do not change for anyone! I love the family I have created here at school and wouldn't trade them for anything.

DOTW: Missing school
Being sick I had to be out of school for a week. Although that sounds like a fun and amazing thing, for the doctors to say you cant go to school for a week, its not all fun and games. I had to miss Monday and Tuesday which was all 5 of my classes... Thats 5 classes of notes that i missed that I should have had, considering I was feeling better and well enough to go to school on monday but felt that it would not be in my fellow students best interests to come to school while i'm still recovering from the sickness. BUT, so far this hasnt been as stressful as I thought it would be, and I hope it stays this way. I'll be sure to keep you posted.


Halloween in 2.5 days!!!


" Maybe surrounded by, a million people I, still feel all alone, just wanna go home. I miss you you know." -Michael Buble

1 comment: