Monday, November 9, 2009

Birthday wishes

There is always one day of the year that everyone loves. No matter your race, ethnic background, how you were brought up, your religion, it doesn't matter. This day could even beat out Christmas, Thanksgiving, and even St. Patrick's day as the best day of the year. No it's not Valentines day, or even Easter. Although those are good holidays, have you ever seen a life size easter bunny? Those are scary as hell! There is no way I can like a holiday if I am terrified by the animal that represents that day. NO WAY!
The best day of the entire 365
day year is the day that you were brought to this planet. Your birthday. The world was blessed on May 22, 1990 at 9:30am when Alex Jordan DeFreeuw was born. I was a chubby little baby, not gonna lie, but man oh man was I just precious! haha
The main reason I am writing about birthdays though is that there is a little controversy dealing with this subject. Now when you think of birthdays you think for example, I was born on May 22 at 930AM, and when that clock turns 12am on May 22 I officially turn a year older... but is that completely true? If you think about it, I cant really start celebrating my birthday at 12am because yea, I was born on May 22, but I wasn't technically born until 930am, so I'm celebrating my birthday for a complete 9.5 hours that I wasn't technically alive for when I was in my mother stomach... shouldn't it be your birthday starts when you were officially born and goes for 24 hours after. So technically my birthday would be from 930am on May 22nd to 930am on May 23rd? My friend and I were having a conversation about this earlier today when I was walking to class because it is her birthday today and I brought up the point that technically its not her birthday until after she was officially born...She believes that your birthday starts at 12am the day you were born, but she technically wasn't born until 12:17pm, so like I said she'd be celebrating her birthday for a complete 12.5 hours that she wasn't technically born during... So whats the answer to the controversy? Is it a full 24 hour celebration during the day you were born even if you weren't born at 1130pm on that day?? Or is it for a full 24 hour period after you were officially born?

Just some food for thought!

Peace and Blessings,
Alex Jordan DeFreeuw


Happy Birthday to Miss Saree Autumn Titus.
-You're an amazing person and I'm glad we get to hang out and spend time together. Never a dull moment with you, and I hope your birthday is an amazing one, even though you still aren't older than me... :( haha
YMMS


This was me when i was 4 years old. Cheesin as always!

And this is the reason I do not like Easter... This kid basically summarizes what goes on my head when i think of Easter..

3 comments:

  1. Hey cuz! I personally celebrate the whole day, but I set all the alarms in the house to 1:49 PM and dance to some music at the official time lol. You should do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pics aren't showing up at my end of some reason! Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. there you go, hopefully that fixed it for ya

    ReplyDelete