Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The greatest

Everyone has their favorite holiday. Mine is absolutely without a doubt Thanksgiving. Yes St. Patricks day runs a close second because I am Irish myself and I used to thrive to be the little leprechaun at the Notre Dame games when I was little, but there is just something about Thanksgiving that just shouts LOVE ME ALEX!!! and so I listened to it and now it is my favorite holiday.
Why is this my favorite holiday you may ask?! Not necessarily because of the 7 hour car ride there, although there are never dull moments with those ((Especially if you get all 3 stooge kids in the car at the same time haha)). Its not because of the annual movie that we also go to during the break as a huge family. Its not because of the new Buffalo Wild Wings tradition ((all of the older kids go to BWW and chill, drink, and watch Ohio University football game)). Its not because of the lasagna dinner that we have every Friday. And its not about the family football game that we play in the backyard every year. The one thing that makes this the best holiday overall, is the quality time with family. Every year we get together with my moms side of the family, and she was the oldest of 8 children so this is a huge thing for our family. We are all spread out around the nation in different states. I love it.
This is how It is broken down:
(( FAMILY NAME (STATE): # OF PEOPLE IN THE FAMILY *Includes husbands and wives of the children that have recently been married))

DeFreeuw (IN): 5
Garrity (MI): 4
McGrath1 (PA): 2
McGrath2 (PA): 4
McGrath3 (PA): 5
McGrath4 (PA): 5
McGrath5 (MI): 5
Hayes (OH): 9
Mahlow (TX): 8
Landberg (MN): 3
Total: 50+ **varies each year depending on who shows up

There aren't enough words to describe how much I love this holiday because of those statistics right there lol
Every year we rotate between which house will be holding the family. Last year it was in Ohio, This year it is in Pittsburgh, next year it will most likely be in Michigan.
There are so many family traditions involved in the "McGrath Family Thanksgiving" which makes it that much more special and unique to me and the extended family.

We are leaving early Wednesday morning to drive all the way to Pitt. which should be an interesting situation. Me + Eric my brother + 7.5 hours of driving + A.D.D = deadly combination, really fun and entertaining, but deadly combo!

I will keep you updated once I get there and am settled in with the family.
This is gonna be an amazing Thanksgiving break!



You stay classy Muncie,
Alex " I'm going to gain so much weight this weekend " DeFreeuw


"I know you havent made your mind up yet, but I would never do you wrong. I've known it from the moment that we met, no doubt in my mind where you belong."
-Adele, Make you feel my love

No comments:

Post a Comment