Friday, September 18, 2009

No signal

So its Friday night, and I'm about to head down to Columbus North High School in Columbus, Indiana to see my best friend Christian play football, and I'm thinking "Do I have everything?! Am I forgetting anything?!" I made sure I have everything that I need for a successful trip down there, and I'm off. There's only one thing missing... my cell phone. It is still broken, and still not working. So I feel, that it would be dangerous to go on a 2 hour drive down there, and a 2 hour drive back up without a cell phone for communication, and without a passenger with a phone so if something does go wrong we at least have a way to get a hold of someone. Nope, I decide to go by myself. Alone. No connection to the outside world via technology. If something happens I'm stuck on the side of I-69 with no way of getting help without becoming a hitchhiker. Not a fan of that whole idea, but I decide to go on the trip anyways. So I get there in perfect time, the game had just started, the game is over, I hang out with Christian, and then we call it a night and I start heading home. Mind you this is my first time to Columbus so I still dont know my way around, I had no cell phone to call someone if I get lost, awesome. I am doing good so far, and then I get to what I believe to be the right exit, to get on I-465 towards Fort Wayne, but the only options are East and West. I have NO clue which way to go so I decide to go past the exit and go one more just to see if I was in fact supposed to take that exit. Sure enough I was. The West exit had "Cincinnati" underneath it, and the other just said East. So I thought to myself, I dont want to go to Cincinnati, so I'll go East and hope that it takes me the right way. I get on that exit and am going down the interstate, and things didn't look too familiar and I started to think that maybe I was going in the wrong direction. Like I said I had no form of communication, I was all by myself like a lost puppy in the woods. So I built up the courage to stop at a Steak and Shake and ask the cashier if they knew how to get back to " I-69 going towards the Fort Wayne area" as I called it, and the guy said if you take a right and go East you'll run right into it. What do you know, I was going in the right direction the whole time. Who woulda thunk! So I get back on the interstate and head back, towards my home in Muncie. Here I am now in my dorm room, and it has never felt so good to be in this room. I'm glad I got home safely, and for once did good with remembering directions!

My advice: Go with your gut instincts and let them lead you. Unless you are sick from something and your gut just wants to be left alone. Then ask for directions!

No comments:

Post a Comment